Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Channeling Gisele's pregnant style...

This time last year I was 30 weeks pregnant. It was around that time that my belly really started expanding and for the first time during my pregnancy I attempted to go clothes shopping. Not for baby. For me. What a fun little exercise that was! It seems at nearly 8 months in, your clothes dont fit you like they used to. Fancy that. 

Luckily it was also around this time a lovely friend sent me some pictures of a pregnant Gisele Bunchden. Why dont you channel her mumma style, she asked? Gisele's supermodel effortless style was hot. On her, all i could see was her cool boots, great jacket and amazing hair. Sigh...
rockin it, baby bump and all...

Uber cool
If you recall last winter we were all wearing a lot of slick panelled leggings, jackets with strong peaked shoulders and oversized rock tees. All of which work for the pregnancy wardrobe. Stretchy leggings can sit under my bump, a power jacket doesnt need to be buttoned to make a statement and oversized anything works for me. Thank you Gisele for showing me the way.

This winter I am belting my military coat at the waist and enjoying some sleeker silhouettes. But then again, I've found myself going back to my comfy favourites and reinvesting. In particular my Mela Purdie Zipper Leggings and my favourtie one-size-fits-all designer, Vigorella. A good basic can never be underestimated. And now that shopping expiditions can be quite an adventure with a 10 month old, I take the easy option and pick it all up from my favourite online boutiques. Now if you'll excuse me, my baby is asleep and I have a winter wardrobe to buy!

Posted by Philippa xo

No comments:

Post a Comment